So I have already read the “Pretty Little Liars” series including the add-on ones. I don’t really like Shepard’s writing, but they are quick reads and her show is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine.
I am going to do the reviews of the “Pretty Little Liars” books a little different. I plan to ask questions as I read the series again and see when (or if) the question is answered. I’ll hide them with the spoiler code so you’ll have the choice to spoil it for yourself! I’m doing way too much for this series, but hey, I like to analysis things and I’m a little nuts. So here we go:
Pretty Little Liars: Perfect, Book 03
Text From “A” From Perfect
01. Emily, sweetie, I know you’re all about tit for fat, so when you made plans to out me, I decided to out you too. Kisses! – A
02. I see you. – A
03. Em, I see you! And if you don’t stop it, I’m calling you-know-who. – A
04. She knew too much. – A
01. Aria: Don’t you think Sean should know about that extra-credit work you did with a certain English teacher? Real relationships are built on truth, after all. – A
02. P.S. I may be a bitch, but I’m not a murderer. Here’s a clue for the clueless: someone wanted something of Ali’s. The killer is closer than you think. – A
03. Careful, careful! I’m always watching! – A
04. Here’s a second hint: You all knew every inch of her back-yard. But for one of you, it was so, so easy.
05. Dear Sean, I think someone’s girlfriend has a LOT of explaining to do. – A
06. She knew too much. – A
01. Dear Hanna, We may not be friends, but we have the same enemies. So here are two tips: One of your old friends is hiding something from you. Something big. And Mona? She’s not your friend, either. So watch your back. – A
02. Hanna: Remember when you saw Mona leaving the Bill Beach plastic surgery clinic? Hello, lipo!! But shh! You didn’t hear it from me. – A
01. Spence: I know what you did. But I won’t tell if you do EXACTLY what I say. Wanna know what happens if you don’t? Go to Emily’s swim meet… and you’ll see. – A
02. Need another warning, Spence? Ali’s murderer is right in front of you. – A
03. Dear Ms. Finalist, How’d you like it if I told your secret RIGHT NOW? I can, you know. And if you don’t watch it, maybe I will. – A
01. You really thought I was gone? Puh-lease. I’ve been watching you this whole time. In fact, I might be watching you right now. And girls – if you tell ANYONE about me, you’ll be sorry. – A
People They Dated / All Types of Romantic Relationships
01. Matt Doolittle (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 010) [dated]
02. Ian Thomas (Perfect, Book 03, pg.281)
01. Ben Coogan (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 025) [dated] [broken up with]
02. Ali DiLaurentis (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 074) [kissed]
03. Maya St. Germain (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 196) [kissing] [broke up with]
04. Toby Cavanaugh (Flawless, Book 02, pg 133) [kissed]
01. Hallbjorn (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 032) [dated]
02. Lars (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 032) [dated]
03. Ezra Fitz (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 040) [hooked up]
04. Sean Ackard (Flawless, Book 02, pg. 208) [dated] [cheated on]
01. Sean Ackard (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 044) [dated] [broken up with]
02. Lucas Gottesman (Flawless, Book 03, pg. 269) [kissed]
01. Ian Thomas (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 057) [kissed]
02. Wren Kingston (Pretty Little Liars, Book 01, pg. 211) [hooked up] [broken up with for Melissa]
03. Andrew Campbell (Flawless, Book 02, pg. 182) [fake dated]
Unanswered Questions from the Last Books
Who was the blonde-pony tail in Maya St. Germain’s window? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 084)
Who killed Allison? (Pretty Little Liars, pg.254)
02. Why are Toby and Jenna Cavanaugh back? (Flawless, pg. 018)
Answered Questions from the Last Books
What did Emily’s letter say that she sent Alison? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 017)
What was the secret that only Aria and Alison knew? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 032)
How did Hanna lose her weight so quickly? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 043)
What’s the Jenna Thing? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 016)
Where’s Alison? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 015)
What did Ali see Toby do that was just as bad as The Jenna Thing? (Pretty Little Liars, 145)
01. Who actually caused Jenna’s blindness? (Flawless, pg. 009)
What does Spencer know about Alison that the other girls don’t? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 017)
What does Alison know about Spencer that’s so secretive? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 123)
What had Spencer’s fight with Alison been about that night at the barn? (Pretty Little Liars, pg. 017)
Toby Cavanaugh: After thinking that Emily knew about his big secret, he went into the woods behind her house, OD’d on some pills and died (Flawless, 315).
Who Is A?
Pretty Little Liars: Book 01
Flawless: Book 02
Emily gets a feeling Toby might be A when she sees how much he changed and rereads a line of A’s text, “Even though most of us have totally changed” (Flawless, pg. 072).
Aria thinks it might be Toby because he could have snuck into the school and put the post-it on Ali’s case (Flawless, 148).
Aria, Spencer and Hanna think that Toby is A because he is at Foxy and knows about the Jenna thing (Flawless, pg. 260).
Emily thinks A is Toby because he knew what Alison did and is really bitter about her. She also thinks that he killed her (Flawless, pg. 271).
In the beginning of Perfect (Book 03), the narrator says “Don’t you just want to kill her? Spencer had snarled. But no. She’d been kidding. Hadn’t she?” indicating that once again, someone suspects Spencer Hastings (Perfect, pg.012).
Perfect: Book 03