I have the complete set of the Grimm Fairy-Tales, and there are so many that I haven’t read! They are very short, as one would know, so I have decided to read each one and give them a review. Some are very vulgar, some are very cute and some don’t even make sense. Some of them are well known fairy-tales and some have never been told. Some are fairy-tales we know but are not the same because they have been downplayed for the children.
Things to know:
– There is no fairy godmother
– There are no talking mice
– There is no absent father (for the father is very present)
– There is no one night, but three nights
– And there are a lot of cutting off toes and heels
This story is different than what Disney portrayed for kids (and for good reason on some of the parts). I am not sure cutting toes and heels off would have made it the same magical story it is today. I wish they would have kept the dad though and I am not sure where the fairy godmother came from.